Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Classes

I have four classes at the City University of Seattle Athens site, one is modern Greek, the other three should all count for my Communication major at Messiah. I have one syllabus so far... classes started last Monday, but apparently it's not that big of a deal here :P It's also quite an ordeal getting books, but I should have the books for all four classes as of 4-5:00 today! Amy and I gave a half hour presentation in our Tuesday night class last night, after having one class, with no syllabus, and not having gotten the book until Thursday afternoon. Oh, by the way, when I asked the professor what he wanted from the assignment he said, "have a power point, and write a summary for me". That was about it. It's a good experience for me to have to wing it a little bit more here, compared to my obsessive compulsive preparations at Messiah!!

Classes are interesting, however, and I'm slowly adjusting to the different format -- where students have had heated arguments with each other and the professor in the middle of class and people talk and get up and walk around before the professor has said the class is done. Strange for me! But it's fun to have the full experience since in most of my classes I'm the minority and the majority are Greek students. And I'm so grateful to God that I got all the classes that I needed! Which is really miraculous if you truly understood the changes that have been made to everyone else's schedules!

Missing you all but having a marvelous time!
~Joanna

No comments:

Post a Comment